Contractor-Sr. Staff Network Engineer
- Designing a new network topology based on the new business requirements.
- Supporting the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network infrastructure of all offices and data centers.
- Working with the other IT engineers at the remote offices to establish network environments by following system configuration plan; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- With minimal supervision, maximizing the network performance by monitoring network activities, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with the external consultants or vendors to create new network optimization initiatives.
- Securing a network system by working with the information security and system engineering team.
- Handling internal electronic flow process in purchasing network equipment and system configuration.
- Flexible to travel in the USA and work in all USA Time Zone hours.
- Responding to emergency network events such as power outage or equipment failure, resolving all issues to make the network available, and creating documents on the root causes of the network events.
- Defining the scope, schedule, and budget of all network related projects and managing the execution of these projects.
- Managing telecom service providers to install and activate new circuits.
- Familiar with TippingPoint IPS product, RSA tokens, Palo Alto firewalls, and Network Access Control Technologies such as Forescout CounterAct.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Subnets, SSL VPN, site-to-site VPN, Firewall configurations, and VLANs.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Able to communicate with others knowledge of IT network policy/processes/ standards.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Dependable and able to work extended hours when needed to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual who can function independently.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT network.
- Experience of achieving success in large companies that require clear definition of work processes.
- A valid CCIE certification