- Work with the engineers to create high quality art assets and demos.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Help create preferment graphics shaders for awesome visuals.
- Understand and communicate asset optimization to help optimize art assets so they are used efficiently but maintain visual quality.
- Be able to write up documentation / create pdfs on art pipelines and processes to get desired effects to be used as guides for other teams.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphics Arts, Art or equivalent industry experience.
- Cinematic or Games or Movie production. The ideal candidate also has experience in production for mobile games in VR/AR applications.
- Expertise in 2D and 3D art packages. Examples: Maya/3DS Max/Blender/Photoshop etc.
- Understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- Expertise in creating real-time visual effect sequences, character animation, and lighting.
- Passionate about improving the visuals of real-time graphics.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Scripting language or programming experience.
- Understanding of Topologies and Model Geometry.
- Polygon reduction techniques / tools. Examples: Rhino, Mudbox, etc.
- High poly authoring tools. Example: zBrush.
- PBR Material generation preferably experience with Substance Designer / Painter (or Marmoset / equivalent).
- Practical experience with Unity 3D, Unreal or similar game engines.