Candidates are sought to conduct leading-edge data management system research and development for scalable, high-performance, high availability, massively parallel processing (MPP) database systems to support both analytic and transactional applications in the cloud.
The ideal candidates must enjoy tackling technical challenges when evaluating a complicated distributed data processing system. The candidates should have significant knowledge and experiences in database processing, such as query processing, transaction processing, and high availability. Other important attributes are versatility and a passion for building high-quality enterprise-class software systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in research and development of kernel module for next-generation database management system
- Lead in research and development of a performance evaluation platform for distributed OLTP system
- Analyze requirements, design and key technologies of MPP DB to design performance evaluation approaches
- Work with a team of architects and engineers to develop proof-of-concept systems and components
- Write and maintain detailed testing design and specifications
- Perform design and code reviews
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in research and development of DBMS with Master in CS or a relevant field, or 5 years of experience with a Bachelor degree.
- Excellent documentation, organization and communication skills
- Extensive experience with system software performance evaluation
- Knowledge in database storage subsystem, parallel query processing, query optimization, distributed transaction processing, workload management, or high availability features
- Experience with PostgreSQL kernel a plus
- Experience in TCP/IP and RDMA a plus
- Must be a team player
- Self-motivated & detail oriented