Contractor – Senior Software Engineer, IP/Cloud
We have an opening for a Software contractor position in the Internet Protocol R&D technology group at Silicon Valley. Working with this team, you will enjoy exploring cutting edge technologies such as Cloud, Network OS, Software Forwarding as well as Analytics-Ready routing and switching technology. You will have the opportunity to work through architecting designing and developing new IP software products or prototypes for proof of concept. The candidate will have to be a self-motivated and passionate professional, you will be interacting and working closely with different groups of people from multiple countries – the work is both challenging and fun.
- Participate in the design of a network OS and software forwarding framework for the next generation of Cloud, NFV and IP platform.
- Implement and test the software for corresponding research projects.
- Programming skills with C or C++ is a must.
- Python, Java, Linux shell scripts and TCP/IP is a plus.
- Good understanding about telecom network and data center infrastructure, familiarity with SDN and L2/L3 protocols is a plus.
- Good knowledge of multi-core based Linux kernel and application programming, Experience with network processors is desired.
- Strong team work skill in a multidisciplinary and multilingual environment; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Assumed the technical function related to mainstream network products is a plus.
- BS in CS/EE or related major required, PhD/Master in CS/EE preferred. A PhD or Master degree can be evaluated as working experience accordingly.