Sr. Staff Engineer – Network Data Plane
This is a technical leadership position in an Architecture and Technology organization focusing on architecture and design of programmable network data plane that will meet the potential challenges and requirements of applications in future networks. The candidate has to be an entrepreneurial thought leader in both technical and business domains, able to think outside-the-box, and with a passion to build up a scalable and resilient platform with utmost flexibility that will transform the way networks are built, controlled and operated.
- Design and develop high performance and programmable network data plane using state-of-art technology;
- Creates system architecture, design and specifications describing the approach to be taken and programming details;
- Collaborate with different groups of people from around the globe, and will be developing various prototypes in a lean and agile fashion;
- Evaluate new technology and bring opportunities forward that would improve the future network architecture, performance, and network services;
- Stay up to date on technology trends and innovations, and developing and presenting status reports to the management team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable, and has a positive attitude;
- Results driven, motivated to succeed in fast paced intensive agile development environment;
- Self-motivated, have can-do attitude, and be willing to learn new stuffs and tackle new problems;
- Demonstrated curiosity and willingness to explore latest technology, and have desire to continually improve how things are done.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years of hands-on networking product development experience;
- Deep knowledge of network switching and routing protocols;
- Hans-on programming skill with at least one of these languages, C/C++, Go, and Python, in a Linux environment;
- Working knowledge of hardware resource management (DRAM, cache, TCAM, etc.);
- Good knowledge of packet forwarding in Control and Data Path (RIB and FIB);
- Solid knowledge of SDN:
- Open v Switch and Controllers
- OpenFlow OVSDB and other SouthBound APIs
- REST and other NorthBound APIs
- Good knowledge of concurrency and synchronization issues/techniques in a multi-threaded and multiprocessor environment.
- Knowledge of kernel-bypass frameworks (such as netmap, DPDK, libzero) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) is a plus.
- Free BSD and Linux kernel knowledge is a plus.